New year! New plans? Really?

My collage / vision board for 2024


New Year's Day 2024

365 days coming 
so many starts 
with so many intentions
with so much wanting
planning
languishing 
avoiding
restarting and
petering out. . . 
so let's just stop
right here right now  
and focus

F-O-C-U-S 
on what we do -- actually do 
each day every day all the time
we breathe in and out
live as best we can 
in each moment we have
because
one day, we will run out of moments and plan no more
so
while we have these moments
let us live each one to the fullest 
plans be damned
goals unlisted

Focus 
on what we do -- actually do 
and
be satisfied in that 

It's the NEW YEAR 
and I am choosing 
to focus 
on the moments,
one after the next,
and I will do what I do

There will be writing
and more writing 
and teaching
and other things, too,
and this will be my year
the NEW YEAR
not unlike the old year

Moment by moment 
breathing in 
and
breathing out
I will live these coming days

May there be peace and love and satisfaction in your days in 2024

..............................................................................................................

Housekeeping from the old year: In December, I was a guest on a podcast about writing and I had a micro story published. You can listen to my interview here and read my story here.

..............................................................................................................

To receive my weekly blogpost in your inbox, email fiveyearsawriter at gmail dot comSimply put SUBSCRIBE in the subject line. 

Land acknowledgement: I respectfully recognize that I live on the original lands of Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the MĂ©tis Nation.

Comments

  1. Love this approach so you can count me in — brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the secret...to a peaceful, happy, joy filled life. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collage! Living in the moment, a great intention for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and focused on what you hope to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collage Amanda !
    I’m wishing you a very Happy and Focused Year !
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a superb way to begin...focusing with truth and being positive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We’ll said Amanda. Thank you for the reminder and happy 2024!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your attitude, great Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Amanda. As a recent retiree the 'things I do' are knit and volunteer. I will continue to do so with joy this year. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Life story: I am from...where? who? what?

Anne Le Rougetel: my splendid mother

Looking elsewhere for success: It’s not always found in first place