A Post a Day in May #11: Battle of Wills v2

I have pledged to write a new post for this blog every day in May. 

Read Battle of Wills version 1 here
Bountiful the Beautiful

It's time to move.
That sunbeam beckons.
Slowly,
no rush. 
Time is mine. I am cat.
But then,
interloper looms.
Swoops
Grasps. Tight.

The will, but no chance, to fight.

And then
A wrenching to my head. My dignity! Dashed.
Something’s in my mouth, down my throat. Horror!
Foreign round object. White. Bitter.
No. No way out of this. 
Discretion and valour etc.
Be still. Be silent. Play them.

Then.
Release. Blessed relief.
Graceful leap. Artful spit.
Pleasant sound on the kitchen tile.
Move on.

Let them try a better trick next time.

There’s that sunbeam. Still beckoning.
Slowly, no rush.


---------------------
Thanks for reading.

Writers want to be read; at least, this writer wants to be read, so comments, rebuttals and feedback are all welcome. Subscribe to the blog to receive the posts direct into your email inbox.

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Life story: I am from...where? who? what?

Looking elsewhere for success: It’s not always found in first place

Pulling up stakes and starting anew: Moving pictures