Be here and look ahead

I have really enjoyed the Post a Day challenge that I set myself for the month of May. Some days, I thought I would have to throw in the towel because coming up with the idea and then writing the post was just so difficult, but others I happily and easily rose to the challenge, and overall, it was terrific for me — a major booster shot in my writing arm. 

It’s true what they say: If you want to be a writer, you have to write. Self-evident, of course, and proven time and time again by any number of wannabes who don’t do the work. 

Thanks for coming along on the trip with me. It was comforting and inspiring to know you were out there, dear reader, waiting to see what the next post would bring, and your enthusiastic and thoughtful replies to my writing were wonderful to receive. Thank you. 

My readers don’t number in the dozens yet (never mind the hundreds or thousands), but I am gaining confidence that, with time and persistence, I can get to where I’m going: To feel justified in calling myself a writer. 

For the moment, I will remain grounded in the here and now of full-time work, while I also cast my eyes up and out, to look ahead to when more of my time will be my own and when more of my energy can be put towards my own agenda and objectives.  

I will find the rhythm to continue posting to this blog (though not daily) and I hope you’ll continue to read what I write, dear reader. Without you, there would be little point. 

Thanks for reading. 

- - - - 

Writers want to be read; at least, this writer wants to be read, so comments, rebuttals and feedback are all welcome. Subscribe to the blog to receive the posts direct into your email inbox. 

Comments

  1. Writers must write so readers can reader. It’s a rule. We outnumber you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very commendable that you completed your goal, Amanda. "Writers write" is one of those deceptively simple axioms. Easier said than done.... But you have proven you CAN, do it on a daily basis, even while other demands cram our days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking elsewhere for success: It’s not always found in first place

Life story: I am from...where? who? what?

Anne Le Rougetel: my splendid mother