Doors and jungles

Last post, I told you about an upcoming exciting event for me. Well, that day is fast approaching: a door has opened for me into a delightful jungle...

Mark your calendar, please, for this Saturday, February 15th and plan to head over to the Jungle Red Writers blog, where I will be the guest writer. This is quite a thrill for me, as it's my first international audience -- and on a blog that I admire for its wide-ranging treatment of writing and of mysteries in all their various forms, and for the community it continues to build among readers, writers and fans via the internet.  

The JRW bloggers -- seven published writers of mysteries -- are generous in opening doors to members of the community they help to nurture. When I attended the iconic Bouchercon conference in Toronto a few years back, JRW members Hallie Ephron and Lucy Burdette welcomed me warmly when I bumped into them at the registration desk; such is the warmth of the JRW community.

I am grateful to be walking through this door they've opened for me. It came about as a result of a comment I posted early in January in response to the question, What was a highlight for you in 2019? I wrote a brief comment about how the Writing as a Tool for Transformation workshop that Deborah Schnitzer and I delivered last fall was my highlight. Lucy Burdette asked me to tell her more...and my guest appearance on the blog is the result. 

I know that one guest post won't catapult me to glory, but it does represent what can happen when my commitment to practice leads to a meaningful connection with a receptive audience. And that gives me tremendous hope and encouragement for what I might be able to achieve over the coming years in my quest to become a capital W writer. 

The link is not yet live, but it will be on the 15th: JRW blog Feb 15 2020





Photo of door by Matthew T Rader on Unsplash

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Life story: I am from...where? who? what?

Looking elsewhere for success: It’s not always found in first place

Pulling up stakes and starting anew: Moving pictures