A Post a Day in May #26: Not playing it safe

I have pledged to write a new post for this blog every day in May. 

I have a big meeting later this week, and I am thinking about Norman. 

He was a candidate on the fifth season of The Great British Bake Off, and he was a good baker. He brought his Scottish heritage to every recipe he made, and he produced consistently good pieces. 

Photo by Jez Timms on Unsplash
But he also consistently played it safe. He did what he knew how to do, and he did it well, but he didn’t venture beyond that boundary. He was satisfied with what he did, how he did it, and what he produced. He didn't push himself; he didn't want to.  

But I do. 

As I enter what Jane Fonda calls my third act, I want to use what I know and take it out for a spin in the fast lane. I want to put my theories of leadership to the test. 

I want to go out (metaphorically speaking) with a bang, not a whimper.  

…to be continued… 

------------

Writers want to be read, so comments, rebuttals and feedback are all welcome. Subscribe to the blog to receive the posts direct into your email inbox. Use Google Chrome or FireFox as your browser, if you have problems via Safari. I cannot post comments via Safari, but can via Google Chrome. 

Comments

  1. Waiting with baited breath for the continuation of this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking elsewhere for success: It’s not always found in first place

Life story: I am from...where? who? what?

Anne Le Rougetel: my splendid mother