A Post a Day in May #31: When a plan works

I have pledged to write a new post for this blog every day in May. 

Today is the last post for this year’s A Post a Day in May. So, I have achieved my goal — one post every day for 31 days straight. However, achieving the goal is only completion; it is not the end. 

I have loved the daily posting this year. It came during a busy month that included long work days and an unexpected family crisis that saw my mother need emergency surgery. Early on, I thought that I would have to quit the challenge, stop before even having reached the half-way point. But, when I considered shutting it down, I realized I did not want to stop. The daily deadline gave my days an urgent priority that channeled my energy into a razor-sharp focus. I wanted to meet the May 1 brief every day. And, to a greater or lesser extent, I have done precisely that. 

Setting the goal. Making the plan. Doing the work — it’s rewarding, satisfying and meaningful. Because today, Day #31, I feel able to say, “I am a writer.” 

1973: "The Second Form at St. Mathilda's / 2009: "Norma Scarborough's Legacy Lives On" / 2020: Five Years a Writer: A Post a Day in May 

Dear Reader: I would not be here without you. This writer wants to be read, so your reading, your comments, your critiques have all contributed to my process and my achievement. Thank you. 

Today is the last entry for this year’s A Post a Day in May. Tomorrow I continue being a Writer: This blog is going nowhere. It’s staying up and running, and I shall continue to post to it. The details I don’t yet know. But I do know that I want to do it. And I know that I will do it. 

------------
Writers want to be read, so comments, rebuttals and feedback are all welcome. Subscribe to the blog to receive the posts direct into your email inbox. Use Google Chrome or FireFox as your browser, if you have problems via Safari. I cannot post comments via Safari, but can via Google Chrome. 

Comments

  1. BRAVO AMAMDA !
    YOU ARE A WRITER.
    It was a pleasure to follow your daily posts and I'm looking forward to the ones to come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking elsewhere for success: It’s not always found in first place

Life story: I am from...where? who? what?

Anne Le Rougetel: my splendid mother