Anne, the Creative

This year on Mother's Day I celebrate my mother, Anne, who is the real deal in all things loving and kind. She is generous in spirit and in fact. She is a listener second to none, always interested in good conversation. In short, she's great.    

Anne having tea with Barbara, 
who took the pic

Having worked professionally as a writer in her career, she has in recent years penned several memoir vignettes about her early life and written short stories for the grand-sons. Together, she and I are A & A Press -- she writes and I design her writing into published pieces for family and friends to enjoy. 

As an artist, Mum was an enthusiastic participant in our summer 2018 Art Camp at Clifftop Cottage. Every day we chose a theme and then drew, painted or collaged an image to represent it. Such fun! 

Today and every day, I love having Anne as my mother. I share her with my siblings, Katy and Charles; our partners Val, Guy and Lisa; with Max and Sam, the splendid grand-sons; with relatives across the ocean; and with many, many friends. As I wrote last year, it is we who are the lucky ones. 

Love to you, Mum, today and always. 

xo 

Clifftop Cottage Art Camp: the day's theme was "outings".
Mum chose a thoroughly original take on it.
 

Another from Art Camp: this day's theme was "soaring beyond".
I love the little girl and the kite soaring, indeed, beyond. 

Memoir vignettes -- lions in South Africa, a job interview fraught with nerves,
a year in post-war Germany. Short stories for the grand-sons.
Dad's memoir, edited by Mum. And two joyful sunflowers,
an original card to celebrate the day Val and I got married. 

Comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Anne, from another Ann. And thank you for my friend, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I've always known that your mum was a pretty cool cat, but knowing this about her takes her Anne-ness to a whole new level in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Life story: I am from...where? who? what?

Looking elsewhere for success: It’s not always found in first place

Anne Le Rougetel: my splendid mother